This is a recording of (and related links/resources for) a CEM kickoff panel and open discussion about peer-to-peer professional development. Panelists included Judi Fusco, Scott McLeod, Howard Rheingold, and Tom Whitby, Steve Hargadon moderating.
- Watch the main window video (Same as above in a new window)
- Read chat transcript (Recommended to accompany the video)
- Launch full recording in Blackboard Collaborate (Includes video of panelists, main window video, and chat)
* Excited, inspired by any of these panelists or their work? Stay in touch or join them:
- Judi Fusco started TappedIn, one of the true education community pioneers (and continuing to sign up new members) and works at SRI’s Center for Technology in Learning.
- Scott McLeod is the co-founder of the Center for Advanced Study of Technology Leadership in Education, a leader in its field.
- Howard Rheingold’s intellectual DNA is all over the Net, but his home base is here.
- Tom Whitby started #edchat, one of the oldest and most popular Twitter hashtags in education, and has built The Educator’s PLN around it.
- Steve Hargadon is the founder of Classroom 2.0, a pioneering and highly successful Web 2.0 community; you can also find Steve at his eponymous blog, where he’s usually interviewing or hosting a steady stream of thought leaders and influencers.
* Interested in more panels like this one? There’s a whole collection of them to access on the CEM Kickoff page, and an even bigger (much bigger) fully searchable and browsable collection/calendar of CEM events and activities from 100+ participating organizations on the Connected Educator Month home page.
* Never been part of an online education community or network before? Not sure you have what it takes yet? A great place to get up to speed is CEM’s collection of connected educator starter resources, including a starter kit, our help desk, and more…